FAQ on Visa

FAQ on Visa

วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 15 Nov 2021

วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 18 Mar 2024

| 8,279 view

Frequently Asked Questions on Thai E-Visa and Visa (Updated 17 March 2024)

Q: Who can apply for e-Visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Manama?

A: Bahraini citizens and those who possess residence permit in Bahrain. The Royal Thai Embassy in Manama no longer accepts applications from Saudi Arabia, including from Dammam and Al-Khobar. Any applicant in Saudi Arabia must choose Saudi Arabia as their current location on Thai e-Visa platform.


Q: Do I need to come to the Embassy for e-Visa application?

A: No, the whole e-Visa process is to be done online on www.thaievisa.go.th However, the Embassy may request an in-person interview if necessary. The application can be made 24/7.


Q: I fill in information incorrectly/ misspelled something. How can I modify it?

A: You can modify your application and information as long as you do not submit application and pay fees. Once application is submitted and fees are paid, you will no longer modify any information provided. Any false or inaccurate information may incur cancellation or rejection of the application.


Q: How can I pay for e-Visa?

A: The payment is made at the moment of submission of the application on Thai e-Visa platform. Accepted mode of payment is by card, including debit and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard). The Embassy do not accept payment in cash nor through mobile banking app such as BenefitPay.


Q: How long is the e-Visa process?

A: The application process takes at least 3 working days (excluding weekends and holidays). It may take longer in certain cases.


Q: How do I know if I get e-Visa?

A: Once the application is approved, the confirmation email will be sent through the email address you provided in the application. The applicant is kindly requested to print a copy of the confirmation email to be presented at the point of departure and to immigration checkpoint in Thailand.

Therefore, it is highly recommended for the applicants to provide their own email address.


Q: I would like to go to Thailand for vacation. Do I need a visa?

A: If you're a passport holder of Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme, you are eligible to travel to Thailand on tourism purpose without a visa and are permitted to stay in Thailand for a certain period. If not, you have to apply for a tourist visa or visa on arrival.

Upon arrival you may be asked to present round-trip air ticket and proof of adequate finance equivalent to at least 20,000 Baht per person or 40,000 Baht per family.

*List of Countries entitled for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival to Thailand


Q: Can I apply for a visa in Thailand?

A: No, all kind of visas (except Visa on Arrival) must be obtained outside Thailand prior to your arrival.


Q: Can I extend my tourist visa (TR) in Thailand?

A: Yes, you may apply for an extension of stay at any Immigration Office in Thailand where you may be permitted to stay for another 30-day period. You must do so before your stay permit expires, otherwise you will be fined for each day you overstay in Thailand and may be banned from entering the country again.


Q: The visa I received has a validity that does not match my travel dates. Do I have to go back to the embassy to fix it?

A: No, it does not need to be fixed. For a single-entry visa the validity of a visa means that you must enter the kingdom before the visa expires. The permit of stay starts once you arrive in Thailand. The length of stay depends on the type of the visa you have, 60 days for a tourist visa or 90 days for a non-immigrant visa.


Q: I want to work in Thailand. How should I go about getting necessary visa?

A: You have to be officially employed by a company in Thailand in order to apply for a Non-Immigrant “B” Visa.


Q: I happened to lose my passport in Thailand. What should I do?

A: First, you need to go to a police station for a report of the loss. Then contact your embassy/consulate in Thailand for an issuance of new passport or temporary travel document. Finally, you need to bring the new passport or travel document to the Immigration Office for an endorsement.

In case that your country does not have an Embassy in Bangkok, please go to the Visa and Travel Documents Division, Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, on Chaengwattana Road in Bangkok, to apply for the Emergency Certificate (EC). You then need to bring the EC to the Immigration Office for endorsement before leaving the Kingdom.

You need to apply for a new visa on your new passport before coming to Thailand next time.


Q: What documents do I need to get married in Thailand?

A: You have to contact the office district where you wish to get married directly for the information. Different district office may require different documents. For example, some ask for the foreign certificates to be translated into Thai and some to English. However, all foreign and translated certificates must be legalized by the Royal Thai Embassy in Manama in order to be recognized in Thailand.


Q: Bringing money currency in or out of Thailand,How much and which currency?

A: Any person who brings or takes an aggregate amount of foreign currency exceeding USD20,000 or its equivalent out of or into Thailand shall declare such amount of foreign currency to a Customs Officer.

(Failure to declare upon bringing currency that exceeds the amount restricted by law or its equivalent out of or into Thailand or attempt at making any false declaration to a Customs Officer is a criminal offense)

For Thai currency (Baht), any person can bring total amount not exceed THB500,000 to any Thailand’s bounded countries and not exceed THB50,000 to any destination countries. More than that mentioned amount, you have to declare to a Customs Officer or exchange to others currency before depart from Thailand.



This type of visa is issued to applicants who are currently residing in Bahrain and wishing to enter Thailand for tourism purposes only.


  • There are two types of TR Visa for tourism purposes only (Employment prohibited):
  • 1) Single entry is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance. Travelers must enter Thailand within the said 3-month period.
  • 2) Multiple entry is valid for 6 months from the date of issuance.
  • Each stay in Thailand must not be exceeded 60 days, counting from the date of entry. If the TR Visa holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.



This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:

  • Work in Thai companies or be on paid internship (non-curricular internship)
  • Work in Thai educational institutions
  • Conduct business, e.g. short-term business visit upon invitation by Thai business counterparts
  • Invest in Thailand (through ownership of condominium, deposit in a Thai bank, or Thai government bond, with face value not less than 3 million THB).


  • B Visa is valid for a single entry for business-related purposes only.
  • B Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. Travelers must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 90 days, counting from the date of entry. During the 90-day period of stay, if they wish to leave and re-enter Thailand, they are required to apply for a re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. If they leave Thailand without a re-entry permit, the current stay permit shall be considered void.
  • Extension of visa is possible. Those qualified may obtain an additional one-year stay permit, counting from the date of entry to Thailand. The extension of stay is at the discretion of the immigration officer. Extension application can be made at the Office of Immigration Bureau (visit www.immigration.go.th for more information)
  • If the B Visa holder breaches the entry conditions, the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.